Mercy Physiotherapy at SJOG Hospital Mt Lawley is uniquely placed to provide care to a wide range of women throughout all stages of the lifespan.
Our outpatient services not only assist women, but also men and children with pelvic floor dysfunction, as well as undertaking pre-operative prostate education and make pelvic floor assessments.
Our Women’s health assessment will help determine your current issues, concerns, and pelvic floor function. Our qualified practitioner helps you to understand your condition and make achievable goals based on the findings from this Initial Assessment. Strategies and exercise programs are individualised to help manage your condition. These can include pelvic floor exercises, lifestyle modification and helpful advice. On-going consultations are continued every few weeks for as long as needed, to monitor and progress your program as improvements occur.
Our practitioner makes sure to keep your surgeon, specialist doctor and/or other health professionals in the loop with detailed assessment findings and management plans.
Common problems we treat:
- Urinary Incontinence (Stress/Urge)
- Overactive Bladder
- Bed Wetting/Paediatric Incontinence
- Bowel Incontinence
- Irritable Bowl
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (Bladder/Bowel/Uterus)
- Painful Sexual Intercourse
- Vaginal Pain (Vulvodynia & Vaginismus)
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Low Back Pain and Pelvic Pain Pregnancy
- Carpel Tunnel and De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Cracked Nipples
- Preparation for Childbirth Education
- Postnatal Assessments