All classes are conducted by our physiotherapists and are tailored to suit all fitness levels and conditions.
As long as your Obstetrician or GP gives you the verbal clearance, you can join our antenatal exercise class. This exercise class allows you to maintain your fitness whilst also being safe about it during pregnancy. With the changes that happen to your body during this time, it is easy to feel tight, weak, and generally sore and tired. This class is a fabulous way to help maintain or improve your strength, posture, and mobility during pregnancy.
Our class is set up in a circuit which allows you to move around to different types of exercises that strengthen and stretch either different parts, or a selected area of your body, using multiple exercise and stretching techniques. Our Physiotherapists are always up for listening to your goals and helping you focus on what you would like to do during your class sessions. Our Antenatal classes are customised to each individual and are run by a qualified Physiotherapist.
- Class Duration: 45 minutes
- Cost: $30 Before Rebate
- Class Size: Up to 6 participants
- Promotes muscle tone, strength, and endurance
- Support joints and help maintain good posture, and balance
- Helps strengthen your pelvic floor
- Improves balance
- Can help you sleep better
- Improves your mood
- Regular activity helps keep you fit during pregnancy and may improve your ability to cope with labour
- Can make it easier for you to get back into exercise after baby is born
- Exercise improves your stamina giving you more energy to cope with growing demands of pregnancy
- There is improved circulation thereby minimising varicose veins and swelling of feet
- It improves the circulation for mother and baby
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing and socks
- Drink bottle