Mercy Physiotherapy offers a few different types of services to support you through your pregnancy.
Hormonal changes can increase the laxity of ligaments and alter the impact of exercise on the body. Our team of Physiotherapists are expert in helping with common pregnancy ailments. We also offer an Antenatal Exercise Class which is a mix of both Pilates and gym, and an Antenatal Aqua Aerobics Class. Physiotherapy treatment is also a service we offer for all types of pregnancy ‘aches and pains’ such as pelvic girdle or lower back pain.
We can assist you during your pregnancy with any of the following:
- Antenatal Exercise Classes
- Pelvic Girdle Pain, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, and Symphysis Pubis Pain
- Low Back Pain, Mid-Back, and Neck Pain
- Supply and Fitting of Pregnancy Support Belts
- Thumb Pain (De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis)
- Wrist Pain (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Pelvic Floor Education and Strengthening
- Urinary Incontinence (Leaking Urine)
- Any Other Muscle or Joint Problem (ie: Shoulder/Ankle Sprain)
- Brace Fitting for Pelvic Girdle or Lower Back Support
TENS is a drug-free safe method of pain relief women can use during labour. It can be used in conjunction with other forms of pain relief especially during an active labour. TENS machines are available for hire from the physiotherapy department. You can book an appointment for three to four weeks before your due date and a physiotherapist will teach you how to use the machine for your labour.
- Consultation: $95 (rebate available)
- TENS Machine Hire: $45
- Electrodes Purchase: $45 (to keep)