Mercy Physiotherapy offers a few different types of services to support you through your pregnancy.
Hormonal changes can increase the laxity of ligaments and alter the impact of exercise on the body. Our team of Physiotherapists are expert in helping with common pregnancy ailments. We also offer an Antenatal Exercise Class which is a mix of both Pilates and gym, and an Antenatal Aqua Aerobics Class. Physiotherapy treatment is also a service we offer for all types of pregnancy ‘aches and pains’ such as pelvic girdle or lower back pain.
We can assist you during your pregnancy with any of the following:
- Antenatal Exercise Classes
- Pelvic Girdle Pain, Sacroiliac Joint Pain, and Symphysis Pubis Pain
- Low Back Pain, Mid-Back, and Neck Pain
- Supply and Fitting of Pregnancy Support Belts
- Thumb Pain (De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis)
- Wrist Pain (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome)
- Pelvic Floor Education and Strengthening
- Urinary Incontinence (Leaking Urine)
- Any Other Muscle or Joint Problem (ie: Shoulder/Ankle Sprain)
- Brace Fitting for Pelvic Girdle or Lower Back Support
TENS is a drug-free safe method of pain relief especially during an active labour. TENS machines are available for hire from our physiotherapy department. Appointments can be booked from 3 to 4 weeks before your due date. A physiotherapist will spend this consultation teaching you how to use it safely.
If you have your own electrodes, please bring these with you to your appointment so that we can check they are compatible with our machines. The electrodes that you purchase as part of the consultation can last a few years, so be sure to hang on to these when you return the machine back to us- they are reusable.