All classes are conducted by our physiotherapists and are tailored to suit all fitness levels and conditions.
As long as your Obstetrician or GP gives you verbal clearance, you can join our antenatal aqua aerobics class at any point during your pregnancy. Classes involve exercises such as gentle cardio, stretching, general strengthening, pelvic floor, and deep abdominal exercises.
Our indoor chlorinated pool is heated at around 32-33°C which provides a safe space to enjoy the experience of buoyancy and warmth in our hydrotherapy pool.
- Class Duration: 45 minutes
- Class Size: Up to 12 participants
- Hydrotherapy is safe for pregnant women as the water supports the weight of the body which reduces the pressure on the pelvic floor.
- Exercising in the water helps to prevent fluid retention and swelling
- For women who suffer from the aches and pains associated with pregnancy (pelvic girdle pain, back pain, pubic symphysis dysfunction etc.) the water can assist with managing their symptoms.
- Women can maintain an active lifestyle and maintain a healthy body weight throughout the pregnancy
- Exercise has been proven to improve mood and mental state
- Participating in exercise during pregnancy has shown to allow a quicker postnatal recovery
What to Bring
- Bathers and towel
- Drink bottle