The hydrotherapy pool is available for patients to use during set times during the week. It is an ideal opportunity to progress your recovery program under the guidance of our physiotherapists.
You will require an assessment so a program can be tailor-made for your needs to enable the best recovery. We also need to make sure you will be safe around the pool environment and understand the hygiene standards that are required prior to using the pool.
In the assessment, if you are seen to be a little unstable then it may be an idea to have is a number of supervise sessions before you can continue on by yourself. The physiotherapist will discuss this with you. A program then will be designed and shown to you in the pool so you can progress at your own speed.
It is always a good idea to have regular updates with your program. Your program will be updated to keep up with your improvement rate.
Many former patients continue use the pool for a maintenance approach to keep their joints and muscles moving and feel the warm water and reduce loading on the joints makes exercising far more comfortable.
- Session Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $8
- Class Size: Up to 12 participants
- It helps to loosen tense, tight muscles, while encouraging relaxation
- Hydrates body cells while improving skin and muscle tone
- Boosts the immune system, thus enhancing its efficiency.
- Stimulates blood supply to various organs in the body.
- The buoyancy of the water helps to support body weight, which can relieve pressure on joints, reduce pain and increase your movement.
- Gentle strengthening using the water resistance or equipment such as our foam weights
What to Bring
- Drink Bottle