All classes are conducted by our physiotherapists and are tailored to suit all fitness levels and conditions.
As long as your Obstetrician or GP gives you verbal clearance, you can join our postnatal aqua aerobics class from 6 weeks to 6 months post-delivery.
The first 15 minutes is spent in the pool with bub singing nursery rhymes and splashing around, you then get 20-30 minutes to feed and settle your bub. Your partner is welcome to do this 15minute part, but please adhere to our ‘one parent in the pool with bub’ rule. After this, our babysitter takes over and watches over the bub’s in their prams whilst you are in the pool with the rest of the mums doing the exercise part of the session.
Classes involve exercises such as gentle cardio, stretching, general strengthening, pelvic floor, and deep abdominal exercises.
Our indoor chlorinated pool is heated between 32°C and 34°C which provides a safe space to enjoy the experience of buoyancy and warmth in our hydrotherapy pool.
- Class Duration: 90 minutes
- Cost: $28 before rebate
- Class Size: Up to 12 participants
- Regain your fitness and strength after pregnancy and birth
- Introduce your baby to water from 6weeks through to 6months
- Makes you feel less tired because exercise raises your energy level and improves your sense of wellbeing
- Improves cardiovascular fitness and restore muscle strength
- Condition your abdominal muscles
- Improves your mood, relieves stress, and helps prevent postpartum depression
- Helps heal abdominal separation
- Helps strengthen your pelvic floor
What to Bring
- Disposable Swim Nappies
- Towel and Bathers for Bub
- 2 Towels and Bathers for Yourself
- Drink Bottle